wanted: monitor calibration tool / colorimeter

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 16 18:18:30 UTC 2013

On 04/16/2013 02:12 PM, William Park wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:25:52AM -0400, Richard Weait wrote:
>> Seeking a linux-compatible monitor calibration device.  Let me know if you
>> have one I could borrow, or trade for interesting Linux-tech-stuff.
>
> What is it, and why would anyone use it?

The kind of tool being talked about is for comparing the output of a
monitor for colours versus what it should be outputting for a given
colour. This also for correction to be done in software. This is of
value to anyone working in photography or design so that the can design
color correct photos as close to "real" colour as possible.

--
Scott Sullivan