wanted: monitor calibration tool / colorimeter

Aaron Doucette instantkamera-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 16 16:45:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

It's actually not that painful anymore, especially if you use
gnome-color-manager/colord. But ArgyllCMS w/ dispcalgui is also quite
powerful (if a little less intuitive).

I'm sorry I don't have a spare (I'm not in TO proper anyway), I lent my
i1d2 out ages ago and have yet to get it back. But it works fine with the
above, as does the spyder3. Actually they all claim that Datacolor is
linux-hostile, but it works, provided you also install ArgyllCMS (gcm uses
the Argyll drivers to support devices it doesn't support natively - like
the colorHug). I can also attest that the Huey works fine. I have yet to
try either colorMunki, but reports are good for those devices as well
(actually, one of them is a rebranded i1d2).

Good luck.