Microsoft files EU Android complaint

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 14 04:23:44 UTC 2013

James Knott wrote:
> As for those implementations you mentioned not supporting
> applications, that may be because they're designed to be used as a VPN
> and not for directly supporting apps.  Are the required pieces
> available to be called by an app? Perhaps we'll have to see what Cisco
> and others do with this.  Cisco routers certainly support IPSec, but I
> haven't worked at that level with their phones.  Many of the soft
> phone apps support some form of encryption.

Further on this.  A router would generally use IPSec only for VPNs and a
VoIP would only use it for encrypting calls.  The devices use it for one
or the other.  On the other hand a computer or tablet might use it for
both.  Is there a library that can be called for either use?  On my
computer, I see the StrongSWAN package includes strongswan-libs0, which
provides the strongswan library and plugins.  Might there be something
in there that could be called by a VoIP app for encrypting a call?