Microsoft files EU Android complaint

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 12 20:15:50 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 04:07:19PM -0400, Alejandro Imass wrote:
> I think GSM has two distinct frequency options but are all compatible
> at some level. For example a current iPhone will work on Wind but will
> get only "Edge" speeds because it's missing the 1700 band. Why Apple
> didn't make the iPhone a multi-band device and use HSDPA networks.
> Maybe that was part of their deal with AT&T.

It is multiband.  But are you going to support 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or what
bands?  Each band makes the radio and antenna more complex and more
expensive.

Wind happens to have a band that isn't very common in the world.
That means your choice in phones is reduced unfortunately.

> Neither am I, but I just want Wind to survive to any news on T-Mobile
> is relevant to that end.

I sure hope they survive too.

--
Len Sorensen