Microsoft files EU Android complaint

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 11 23:56:36 UTC 2013

> There were a number of interesting open source smart phone projects taking
> off when android arived.  Now there isn't much left of most of them.
> After all this wonderful android open source thing is here now, so no
> need to do these other ones anymore.

Think that would have happened either way. The pure open source projects
were driven by Nokia and you know what happened to them. So, without
android, most likely dormant platform would to Windows. I sincerely
wouldn't think of a scenario we would have come out better.

> OpenMoko is still kind of around, and looks vaguely tempting, although
> they sure look stupid.  Who designed that case shape.

What do you think of Tizen? Open source enough in your opinion?  That is
the only viable alternative I think has money behind to live.

On a lighter note, you may end up living your whole life without a
smartphone :)  People change views though with time.

> --
> Len Sorensen
> --

William