Teksavvy Nightmare/Need a new modem

Stewart Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 11 16:13:26 UTC 2013

They were happy to support the generic D-Link I got from Canada Computers.
The main issue I've had with DSL is that, periodically, /someone/ (either
at Bell or Teksavvy) decides to roll out new/standard/upgraded settings,
and it causes my modem to drop synch. I know that my line doesn't work well
with standard settings, and for some reason Bell/Teksavvy seem to forget
this every few months. I have never yet got a clear explanation from either
company as to why this has to keep happening.

cheers,
 Stewart