Microsoft files EU Android complaint

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 10 14:08:01 UTC 2013

> If I remember correctly, Google dropped out as a Linux Symposium
> sponsor when they heard Tim was going to give a keynote.  That's hardball.

I do agree android is not very friendly to the kernel developers, but
disagree they are worse than Windows and Apple.  That argument don't make
sense.

We always make decisions that are not ideal. If you are left, do you go
vote conservative because those standing on the left feel too far on the
other side? Most people don't and that's where we had Blair as prime
minister. Don't some of us here install nvidia binary despite knowing they
are unfriendly?

I actually still believe that if android was publicly available
immediately, nothing much would change because most of the video drivers
are only available to those privileged

Common, lets agree half a bread is better than none. At least Android
increased the # of developers who are comfortable with Linux development.
In the long run that's a gain for anybody working with Linux

William