Microsoft files EU Android complaint

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 10 05:24:31 UTC 2013

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| If you want access to new versions first, then you must play by google's
| rules.  In the cell phone market being behind by 6 months is a lot.

I don't remember the details, but in this session at Linux Symposium
in 2010, real difficulties were partially described.  These
difficulties go beyond what is written as Google policies:

    Tim Riker formerly the CTO at Lineo and contributor to many embedded
    Linux projects and currently the CTO working on the Saygus Vphone will
    be presenting his keynote titled "Android - The Bait and Switch OS"
    which is certain to be very interesting given his extensive practical
    experience.

If I remember correctly, Google dropped out as a Linux Symposium
sponsor when they heard Tim was going to give a keynote.  That's hardball.