Microsoft files EU Android complaint

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 9 14:44:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 08:31:43AM -0400, William Muriithi wrote:
> Microsoft files EU Android complaint
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22078746
>
> Interesting coming from Microsoft.  Kind of admission they have kind of
> lost it.

No I think they have it exactly right.

> Now question is, since Google don't charge handset manufacturer for
> android, how strong is this argument?

I would think pretty good actually.

You can use android any way you want, but then you only get access to
it after the "good" device makers area ready to release products.  And if
you don't do things google's way, you probably won't be allowed to have
google maps and gmail and access to the official android app store.
Those bits are not open source after all.

I certainly think Android is evil and don't own any android devices.

--
Len Sorensen