Teksavvy Nightmare

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 7 22:58:51 UTC 2013

On 04/06/2013 02:25 PM, Scott Allen wrote:
> On 6 April 2013 14:07, Michael MacLeod <mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> TekSavvy has no techs. Those tech visits are Bell techs.
>
> Thomas said that the tech had to come to install a splitter. If that's
> the case, then it's probably a cable Internet install. That would mean
> Rogers tech, not a Bell techs. It's the same situation, though.

Actually, this is DSL and the splitter their referring to is actually a
DSL filter installed at the Demarcation point to to filter out DSL on
all the inside wiring.

http://csmedia.corning.com/CableSystems/images/dsl/cps-dtv2-0w-cn_a_zoom.jpg

Additional, it's not actually Bell Technicians doing this work. Bell's
Techs handle bringing the DSL to the Demarcation Point. In most homes
his is the little grey box outside called the NID (Network Interface
Device). The Techs that come inside to handle and inside wiring and the
installations of these DSL Filters/Splitters is a Third Party Company
that Bell Contracts for this specific work. As far as I know the only
use them for the Wholesale ISPs like TekSavvy.

--
Scott Sullivan