[OT] Fourier analysis question using Gnumeric

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 27 14:29:22 UTC 2012

On 09/27/2012 05:59 PM, William Park wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:06:25PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 01:20:16AM -0400, William Park wrote
>>
>>> What you do want at the end?  Real signal is time-based, so frequency
>>> spectrum is just the mean, not the end.
>>    I'm interested in seeing if there are any repeating cycles in the
>> data.

I would not use gnumeric in the first place. It should have, I guess, an
option to export data to a text file?
Than you are free to use other software. There is a lot of that around
that can do even complex calculations. A simple example is to use Perl
with  Math::FFT . There is Octave (free, like Matlab), SciLab, etc.