Small rack sourcing

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 23 23:21:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Anthony de Boer <adb-SACILpcuo74 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> William Park wrote:
>> >
>> > Buying racks at Ikea seems like the most awesome answer thus far!
>> > Worth a visit.
>>
>> Wood catches fire.
>
> Who said anything about wood?
>
> Burning Ikeastuff is likely to give off really toxic fumes, though.

Indeed.  Very little wood in this product.

I picked up two of them this afternoon.  The red one is, Wow, Is That
Ever Red!!!

I think I'm going to need some straps to wrap around the back part,
otherwise it'll be mighty unbalanced, and probably rip screws out of
the wood.  The attractive idea would be to put a couple screw-in
fasteners supportive of the server on the rear legs.  I wonder if
maybe I want to wrap a strap all the way around the top of the table;
that'll distribute weight much more widely.

Methinks there's a Rona visit in my near future.  :-)