Tent distributed social networking

Bob Jonkman bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 23 17:51:15 UTC 2012

On 12-09-23 04:07 AM, Ori Idan wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Here's another thing: Activity Pump -- there's a mockup at
>> http://statusnetdev.net/inbox.html
>>
>> You can read a brief conversation with developer Evan Prodromou at
>> http://statusnetdev.net/inbox.html
>>
>> I wouldn't be surprised if Activity Pump incorporates the tent.io
>> protocol.  I've seen comments from Evan encouraging the effort.
>>
>> --Bob.
>>
>> Both links lad me to a Google+ profile of Annie B. from Montreal, I did
> not see there any interview with Evan Prodromou.

That's not a Google+ profile, that's an Activity Pump mockup. It's not a
live system, but a series of linked static HTML pages to illustrate how
the underlying Activity Streams could be displayed in a Web interface.
Activity Streams info is at http://activitystrea.ms/ Apparently Google+
also uses Activity Streams, hence the similarity.

There's a W3C ActivityPub Community Group at
http://www.w3.org/community/blog/2012/03/16/call-for-participation-in-activitypub-community-group/

The second link to the Even Prodromou conversation should have been
https://identi.ca/conversation/95392382#notice-96050587

--Bob.