how to have /dev/audio on ubuntu?

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 20 18:39:53 UTC 2012

I am so much confused by reading web, and I swear I never understood how
sound works (except of the times of DOS).

My program reports:

[siggen] No such file or directory : /dev/audio

"siggen" is the name of the program I want to use, but the error
message, I guess, is not related to the program itself.

So, how can I make siggen not reporting that silly error message but
just working right away?

My Ubuntu version is one of the latest ones.

zb.
http://nanolab.gu-unpk.ru/