(question) same MACs in wireless router

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 9 12:23:12 UTC 2012

Ori Idan wrote:
> I know that MAC address must be different at the local network only,
> however most of my customers manufacturing communication equipment
> always set a different MAC address for different interfaces.

WiFi effectively acts as a bridge.  It makes no difference whether you
connect to any device on the local LAN via wire or wireless. So, if
there were indeed two MAC addresses, which one gets the IP address?
While you can have multiple IP addresses for one MAC, you cannot have
multiple MAC addresses for one IP.