UPS dying...

Digimer lists-5ZoueyuiTZiw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 8 15:33:50 UTC 2012

On 09/08/2012 09:15 AM, Peter King wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 10:35:32AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
>>> Advice, suggestions, recommendations?
>>
>> Well if money is no object an APC SmartUPS 1500 is always great. :)
>
> Too rich for my blood, alas. But after a bit of research it seems that
> a good pick is the CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD, which, unlike affordable APC
> models, does generate a pure sine wave (rather than a stepped sine wave)
> current, and so works with recent active power supplies. They also claim
> to have a Linux version of their UPS-management software. It's rated at
> 1500VA, so for a demand of about 850w. Retail price is around $250.
>
> Before I actually buy it, though, I though I'd see whether anyone has any
> experience with this UPS (or perhaps just with CyberPower equipment in
> general). Views?

My husband went with Cyberpower to save some money, and he's been happy
with it. I remember looking at them closely a year ago or so and decided
to still go APC myself. I can't remember the reasons now though. Anyway,
for home use, cyberpower should be just fine.

--
Digimer
Papers and Projects: https://alteeve.ca