Sandy Bridge

Slack Rat torfree-GANU6spQydw at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 7 14:49:10 UTC 2012

"Walter Dnes" a écrit profondement:

| On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 05:03:19AM +0100, Slack Rat wrote
| > Does anyone now whether any slackware distributions have support for the
| > Intel Sandy Bridge Integrated Graphics controller
>
|   Please run (as root or sudo)...
>
| lspci -v | less
>
| ...and post the portion about the "VGA compatible controller:"

[QUOTE]
 lspci | grep VGA
 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Sandy Bridge
 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
[/QUOTE]

Now this  is the only "Sandy Bridge" item in the box

Computer is Acer Aspire V5-531-967B4G32Makk which I cannot find listed
anywhere except the box it came in (Bought in  PT)

It came with Windows 7, but I took that off as it only has Portuguese
as a language notwithstanding that the package says EN/PT/ES

I had to take that off since the install is vicious and notwithstanding
I can manage most EU languages, including ES, PT is very different from
ES in many aspects contrary to my - and in fact general - belief.

So I installed Slack 13.1 - installs fine but no X

So I installed Slack 13.37 - installs fine but no X

Reinstalled Win XP of which My daughter has a legal package and the Acer
limps for want of a better word. (If you've formatted the drive there's
no immediate hope of reinstalling Win 7 as there is no disk and you only
get one kick at cat for the language if you can reinstall Win 7. You are
stuck with PT which is what the original install meted out. Trick is
first to change Sata Mode in the BIOS to IDE from AHCI and go for XP -
But don't try to load Linux dual boot after that or you'll think you are
in BSD according to fdisk with different sector sizes and weird drive
designations and "unallocated spaces" )

I have Optimus Kanguru as mobile Dial Up Broad band, but it too is a
disaster  and  a big rip off coming in at around 3Mb/Sec and only works
on Windows. I'll go EuroSat as soon as I can solve my problems with video.

So I'm waiting hopefully for Slack 14 and failing that shall have to
change distros after going on 20 years with Slack.

Any help will be greatly apprecisted - Thanks in advance.

--
Slackrat