My struggle with getting small Linux distros installed on my laptop

sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 7 00:27:30 UTC 2012

That would have been an interesting one, but I was concentrating on
obscure distros, particularly those that claimed to be built for
situations with limited space from the  outset.

Manjaro Linux finally won me over. No distro worked well from a USB
stick -- slowness was always an issue. I neded up making room on my HD,
and I ended up with a very fast system on a 10G partition, not
including 2G swap on an SSD drive.

Wireless, cat-5, and all manner of touch (finger and pen) all work.

Paul