T.R.A.C.E. - (Toronto Region Association of Computer Enthusiasts)

James Mcintosh jamesemcintosh-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 4 20:24:42 UTC 2012

I went to several meetings of T.R.A.C.E.

They had a lot of money in their bank account, but had to disband for a strange reason:
no one in the entire club was willing to volunteer to DO anything, or to take on responsibilities associated with any title.

No one was willing to be president.

No one was willing to be vice president.

No one was willing to be secretary.

No one was willing to DO anything whatsoever.

Everybody wanted to benefit from club membership, but the club cannot exist without a few people doing something.

I may still have, in many gigabytes of data, the names of various members of that club.

I think that one member was named something like Victor Pieroban, and that he had something to do with electronic cash registers.

People travelled for long distances to attend - Newmarket, etc.

The abbreviation T.R.A.C.E. was more recently used for an unrelated group. I forget what.

James E. McIntosh
JamesEMcIntosh-Iimme/3Z544AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org

> | BTW, anyone here remember TRACE (Toronto Region Association of Computer
> | Enthusiasts)?
>
> I never went to a meeting, but I saw a few traces of them (eg.
> newsletters).

The used to meet at Humber College, but, IIRC, they also had some meetings in the Ontario Science Centre.