TP-LINK routers -- WEP or WPA2 in bridge mode?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 4 17:02:35 UTC 2012

William Park wrote:
> Thanks for feedback on TL-WA901ND.  For now, single ethernet
> port AP is just fine.  But, I may want to add more devices to
> the network, in which case I'd prefer AP/switch in one device.

The TL-WA901ND is just an access point, not a switch.  One advantage to
that is you can place it where it will provide best coverage, not
necessarily where your computer network gear is located.  In my case, I
decided to place it high on the wall in the laundry room, which is close
to the middle of my condo, whereas with the access point near my
computer, I had a poor signal at the far end.  I have a separate 16 port
switch, near my computers, that everything plugs into.