TP-LINK routers -- WEP or WPA2 in bridge mode?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 4 14:55:21 UTC 2012

William Park wrote:
> I need wireless bridge, because I can't get my wireless
> card to work consistently, with or without external antenna.

Why not go with a proper access point, such as the TP-Link TL-WA901ND?
I have one of those and it works well.  It supports 802.11n and WPA2¹.
It also supports PoE, so you don't need to have AC power handy.  If you
need something portable, you might consider the Asus WL-330gE (802.11g)
or D-Link DAP-1350 (802.11n).

1)  802.11n mandates WPA2.  If you select a lesser encryption method, an
access point is not supposed to work in 802.11n mode. This is part of
the specs.