Supremetronic Redux

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 3 14:54:20 UTC 2012

On 12-09-03 09:17 , Phillip Mills wrote:

> So...I may not be the only person to have furnished his home office from
> there?  :)

One of us! The great thing about older Unix books is their incredible
shelf life. I still use reference books from the 1990s for topics that
never quite get committed to memory.

On 12-09-03 10:44 , James Knott wrote:>

> You'd think that with all the stores she has, she could
> have at least left WBB as a decent book store, given it's central
> location, close to business, UoT, Ryerson, the hospitals etc.

Don't worry, it's likely to close next year:
http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1214719--toronto-s-world-s-biggest-bookstore-slated-to-close-in-2013

While I love bookstores (and treasured my too-few visits to Foyle's in
London, which had compendious stock and stupendously rude staff),
they're just Amazon showrooms now.

cheers,
 Stewart