Supremetronic Redux

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 3 12:07:01 UTC 2012

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Speaking of electronics stores, on Saturday I happened to be in the
> Factory Direct at 1399 Kennedy (Tacky Kennedy, as some TLUGer put it).
> Man, what a dive. They make a dollar store look like Holt Renfrew. But
> there were a lot of people in there..

Factory Direct is not what it used to be.  They used to be a place to
get decent deals on computer and other tech gear.  Not anymore. I
dropped into the Mississauga store on Dundas, a few months ago, and it
was mostly non tech stuff, such as Christmas decorations, kitchen stuff
etc. with only a small area for tech stuff.