extensions.gnome.org

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 1 21:18:13 UTC 2012

I'm running a Gnome 3.4 shell on Fedora 17.
I think that I still like the Gnome 2 shell better.

I just went to extensions.gnome.org and found a few things that should
improve 3.4:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/5/alternative-status-menu/
	This gives you hibernate, suspend, and poweroff choices.
	(Default 3.4 gives you only suspend, unless you hold ALT
	in which case the suspend turns to shutdown.)

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/120/system-monitor/
	gives you a reasonable system monitor in the status bar

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/131/touchpad-indicator/
	Haven't tried this (not useful on a desktop).
	It lets you switch a touchpad on or off.
	It should be useful for notebooks where
	accidental touches are annoying.
	It can even switch touchpad off automatically
	when a mouse is plugged in.

I wonder what the security model is.  I just press "on" on the
extension's web page, and it gets installed instantly and silently on
my system.  Seems pretty scary.