My struggle with getting small Linux distros installed on my laptop

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 1 00:37:22 UTC 2012

I'd be curious as to how stock Debian compares...  It can certainly be
tiny, more so than most options out there.

Expected challenges to me would be...
- might need to pull custom kernel to support hardware, as Debian has a
tendency to elderly kernels in stable releases
- I'm not sure WiFi support is necessarily what all would term "friendly"
(mind you, haven't tried that lately, so I could be surprised)
- not sure what out-of-box touch sense you're likely to get

But I'd expect "office" software to be handled pretty happily.  And you can
have *any* window manager you want, including plenty of obscure ones!  :-)