Views from an Red Hat -> Ubuntu -> Fedora migrator

Bob Jonkman bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 23 19:00:07 UTC 2012

On 12-10-23 02:49 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I guess a big problem for Debian users is that no one knows how many
> Debian systems are out there.  Redhat knows exactly how many support
> contracts are active.
>
> It is quite possible there are more Debian systems, but no one will
> ever know.  I suppose it is also possible those running Debian wouldn't
> be nearly as interested in such proprietary addons anyhow.

Anecdotally, of the three places I've recently worked two primarily used
Debian for their Linux boxes; I don't know what was used in the third.
Of course, in all three places Windows server was more prevalent than
Linux, and in two of the three there was even more Solaris and Netware
than Linux...

--Bob.