CD-Rom not mounting

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 20 18:50:41 UTC 2012

Stephen wrote:
> No. But I believe that one is not necessary. It is a sata connection,
> and if the program could see the disc it would read it as data.

Yes it is.  I've never had a CD or DVD drive that could play audio
without an audio connection of some sort.  Audio tracks are not "data"
in the sense of computer files.  They are just a continuous stream of
bits representing the music.  CD burner programs can read those tracks
and copy them to a file that can be played.