Dell 14" notebook shipped with Ubuntu $299 today only

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 18 18:43:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 02:33:36PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Is it stock Ubuntu or did they modify it to make it work?
>
> I think this answers the question...
>    http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/201202-10593/

So does that mean if you try to install any other Linux distribution
(or even Ubuntu version) it very well might not work?

Odd that the ubuntu details lists an nvidia NVS 5200m (it's 10de:1140
in the unknown hardware section).  I wonder if some models come with that,
but not this one.

--
Len Sorensen