ADSL Modems...

John Myshrall jmyshrall-v+ARZjKqHIj3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 18 13:12:27 UTC 2012

On 12-10-18 08:48 AM, Colin McGregor wrote:
> My mother's ADSL modem (a basic TP-Link model) appears to have failed.
> I will be visiting her (near Ottawa) within the next month, and the
> question is: "What make/model of ADSL modem should I be packing with
> me?". Primary concern here is reliability, with cost secondary...

I'm using the TP link 8616 for about a year with no issues. My phone
line is surge protected and then the modem and router is secondarily
protected and powered via a very good UPS. What I have recommend for my
family members is to get a spare modem that way the family tech guy can
walk them through getting you net back up.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1059_358&item_id=024298

John