Authentication while respecting DNT header

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 14 18:31:56 UTC 2012

Hi

Got a question for the developers here. Looks like European will
enforce DNT eventually, so I tried thinking what else would be
affected. One thing that came in mind may be the need to change is
authenticating browsers. We currently use session cookies, are these
affected by DNT?  If so, how else would you authenticate a browser
without being out of compliance of DNT?

I guess you can use URL change to identify authenticated session, but
that can also have security issues?  As in, if someone can intercept
the URL, he/she can able to keep using the session.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19908880

Regards,

William