slow booting after installation of another Linux

Bob Jonkman bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 8 17:18:45 UTC 2012

On 12-10-08 12:25 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>> Spoiler:
>> The problem was that I let the new installation reformat the swap
>> partition.  In the process, it gave it a new UUID.  That means that
>> the fstab entries on the old system referred to the partition by a
>> UUID that no longer existed or worked.
>
> It is also why I avoid using UUID's in fstab.

Yes, I assign a label, then use that in the fstabs for both
installations (by manually editing fstab after installation).  Great for
sharing home partitions across installations as well.

Are there any Linuces that use a different format for swap partitions?
Or does mkswap always create the same format, regardless of distribution
or version?

--Bob.