Disable Thinkpad mouse buttons

Daniel Wayne Armstrong daniel-HRJVlgn2G/y5aS82P/H3Zg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 8 01:36:33 UTC 2012

My father has a Thinkpad E520 running Debian and he wants a few of the
mouse buttons disabled (he hits them with his hands when he types
producing unexpected results).

Thinkpad E520 has a touchpad with left-, middle-, right-click buttons
along the top and left-, right-click button along the bottom. He would
like the 3 mouse buttons along the top of the touchpad to be disabled.

I came across this HOWTO -
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint - that
provided this snippet of code to disable the middle-button:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 9 3 4 5 6 7 8 2"

... and it indeed works and disables the middle mouse button (no idea
what that series of numbers signify or what it is doing, though).

How can I disable the left- and right-click mouse buttons? Thanks for any help.

--
         www.circuidipity.com :: twitter.com/circuidipity
  .~.  /