clearing out my very slow gnome session

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 6 03:46:48 UTC 2012

| From: Matt Price <moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| after logging in with another user, I realized that my main account on
| my laptop logs in VERY slowly by comparison.  Anyone know how I can
| figureout what the hell is taking so long?  I'm not even sure where
| such files are stored these days.

I assume that you meant: I created another user account on my machine
and logged into that instead of my normal account; the logging in on
the new account was much faster.

The difference must surely be in a dot-file -- that's where almost all
per-user settings live.  Try diffing the dot files of the two users
with different behaviour.

I take it that this is a Ubuntu 12.10 pre-release of some sort.  Might
have bugs, of course.