Compiling the kernel was:System testing

Anthony Verevkin anthony-P5WJPa9AKEcsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 25 15:03:48 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "William Muriithi" <william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

> > kernel was considered to be a good hardware test. The code was
> > considered to be so clean that it would always compile
> > ... it didn't compile and I dropped the idea.
> Hmm, you implying the kernel quality has gone down now? My impression
> is the opposite.

No, no, no. I am only saying that they changed something in the way
you do it (at least in my distro -Debian) so I no longer know how to
properly compile the kernel.

> > BTW, when was the last time you compiled the kernel for an i386/x84
> > system? ;)
> Long ago.

That's what I am talking about. Back in the days it was maybe the first
task that a Linux admin would do, but now we do not compile any more...

Regards,
Anthony