Free router distro for my dir-825 (w/Access Control for https!)

Matt Price moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 17 02:16:51 UTC 2012

I'm replacing my old WRT54GL router with a D-link DIR-825.  I run Tomato on
the WRT but
(1) tomato doesn't sem to support the dir-825, and
(2) I've been having trouble lately with access control policies on the
tomato -- in particular, it doesn't seem to filter https:// packets; and as
most of thee services I want to control access to (Facebook, GMail,
Youtube...) run on https, this is a major issue for me.

so:

-- anyone out there use other router firmware (openwrt, dd-wrt, etc)?  What
do you like about it?  easy to use is a BIG plus for me.
-- anyone have suggestions for filtering https?  My kids are turning into
zombies, and yet they need the Internet to do their homework! It's driving
me crazy!  Seriously, my hair is much greyer than it was a month ago, i
think facebook is going to kill me.

Thanks,

Matt