Free CrossOver for a year (Tomorrow only)

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 5 06:52:16 UTC 2012

On 12-10-31 02:26 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:04:58PM -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
>> I have a few Windows programs I occasionally run in Linux using
>> Wine. One high end CAD package doesn't work any more in Wine due to
>> how they check the licensing key but it would be nice to run that
>> from Linux.
[snip]
> Worth a try.
>
> To some extent that may be part of why they are doing this.  It is lots
> of publicity in the press and such potentuially, and some people that
> try it may decide it is really useful to them.

It was worth a true but it didn't work. I could install and run version 2 of
Rhino but when I tried to update the install to version 4 it couldn't find
the previous version so I couldn't install the update. A new version of
Crossover is supposed to come out soon so I will try again then to update to
version 4.

My feeling was that this was a form of publicity and a way to increase their
user base and maybe convert some of the free users in to paying customers later.
--
Cheers!

Kevin.