Small Business Accounting Software

David van Geest david.vangeest-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 24 17:30:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Mike Kallies <mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I'm curious about experiences and recommendations with small business
> accounting/bookkeeping software.  This is a new area for me, so packages
> or services with pointers to good documentation and a community of
> Ontario small business people using it would be a huge plus.
>
> I'm thinking FOSS of course, but online services work too.

I've been using Freshbooks (http://www.freshbooks.com/) which has
worked quite well for my (very simple) needs.  It's free up to a
certain number of clients.  The company is based out of Toronto, and I
think it's pretty popular.  Worth checking out to see if its a good
fit.

They do have a referral program, which apparently would get me 25%
cash commission.  Not sure what it would do for you, if anything.  Let
me know if you want a link.

-David