ARM PC/HTPCs are getting interesting! (Via's APC (Android PC) announced).

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 23 05:08:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 01:26:20PM -0400, Scott Sullivan wrote:
> With the market going the way it is, I'd like to hear from GTALUGers.
>
> 1) What they would be doing with these devices?
> 2) What would you expect in term of support before you try one?
> 3) What feature set do you think these boards/systems should be
> targeting? At what price would you pay for that feature set?

My needs are disk-bound.  My tower, power supply, motherboard, cpu, and
ram are just there to serve my harddisks.  VIA board is nice, but not
very useful without more SATA ports!

Since we're developers, size doesn't matter too much.  Just take your
regular ATX motherboard, put ARM cpu there, put more SATA ports, take
out whatever not needed!
--
William