Ubuntu 12.04 won't install due to odd partitioning

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 17 11:48:36 UTC 2012

| From: charles chris <cccharlz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

Please don't top-post.  And trim what you quote to what you refer to.
That takes more work for the poster but it makes the posting clearer
and you are writing for a number of people so making it easier for
the reader is a politeness.

| I believe in KISS
| What you are doing is the complete opposite to this philosophy.

How does that relate to the posting you quote?

| Personally, I deploy images onto free space.

Sure, but in my case
(1) there is no free space
(2) the installer recognize no existing partitions so I could not make
    freespace without wiping everything that was already there
So I don't see how it applies.