more user-friendly than Update manager?

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Sun May 6 22:17:26 UTC 2012

On 12-04-30 03:10 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Mr Chris Aitken<chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org>
>
> | Is there a more user-friendly way to get updates than Update manager?
> |
> | I see hundreds of suggested updates for things like Evolution that I don't
> | even use. You can't Shift+Click to deselect ranges of updates. So I have to
> | click each update of hundreds.
> |
> | Is there a faster way to do this?
>
> You don't say what distro you use.  I am guessing Ubuntu.
>
> All those updates are for packages that you have installed.

Hmmm. Interesting. I went to uninstall Evolution and it says it was
never installed...

chris at chris-HP-Compaq-dc5750-Small-Form-Factor:~$ sudo apt-get remove
evolution
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package evolution is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 387 not upgraded.