[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: GTALUG Meeting on Tuesday 10th April, 2012 at 7:30 pm

john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 28 20:31:59 UTC 2012

> Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:43:55 -0400
> Subject: Re: [TLUG]: RE: [TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: GTALUG Meeting on Tuesday 10th April, 2012 at 7:30 pm
> From: cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
> To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM,  <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > At least I don't think I offended anyone - hope I didn't. If so, an apology
> > would be probably ineffectual at this point.
>
> There were bad old days when the things you describe were quite,
> quite, quite true.  There was the "infamous" Java talk which went from
> bad to worse.  Of course, that was close to ten years ago, and it
> would be unfair to assume that things haven't changed since then.

I'm glad the atmosphere has changed for the better. I did state that the information I had may be old, so was trying to be fair and not imply it was unchanged.

I have to admit to a perverse nostalgia for the heated posts from those days - some complained about the situation, others (no doubt the culprits) defended the behaviour with equal fervour. But it was truly an intolerable situation for anyone wanting to learn something.

Aah, the beauty of history... that doesn't repeat itself :-).

John.