OT: Android tablet epub Reader

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 26 15:50:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Ansar Mohammed <ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I bought an iPad for my wife a few months ago. The only thing she
> liked about it was the iBooks app and how easy it was to read and turn
> pages.
>
> Is there an Android app that has the same look and feel as iBooks?

There are a number of book readers on Android; their makers would
presumably get hit with "cease and desist" lawsuits from a
demonstrably litigious company were their "look and feel" to be
excessively similar to that of said litigious company's application.

Thus, I think that few Android application makers would be so stupid
as to produce something that tries to behave identically to iBooks.

I most frequently find myself using FBReader, which has versions
running on a number of platforms.  http://www.fbreader.org/   I do not
know how similar it is to iBooks; I do find that I like its UI
reasonably well.