Finally on teksavvy

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 26 02:57:17 UTC 2012

On 03/25/2012 02:26 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 02:10:59PM -0400, Tom Low-Shang wrote:
>> The single vendor lock-in for the modem is the main reason I went with
>> the 16Mb service.
>
> I figure if I am upgrading, I might as well get decent upstream speed
> finally.  I imagine at some point VDSL2 modems will actually be available
> for sale as well.

I'm not so optimistic. There is apparently a Bug in the DSLAMs Bell is
using that makes the current model VDSL2 modem the only one that works
with them. A co-worker of mine had made an attempt to use a independent
VDSL2 modem with the service without success.

But this may change over a longer time.

--
Scott Sullivan