Finally on teksavvy

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 25 16:05:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:54:26AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I forgot to ask: does it use essentially the same PPPoE as ADSL?

Yes.  Exactly the same setup.

> I use my own router (a PC) to handle the PPPoE for my ADSL and I'd
> like to continue.  Not that I love PPPoE but I don't want to be behind
> NAT (I have a /24 network routed through my ADSL connection).

If you ask the cellpipe 7130 to reset to factory defaults, then go in
and disable the wifi and hpna, and do NOT configure the VDSL settings
at all, then you can use pppoe from one of the switch ports instead
(so my router connect to port 1 on the cellpipe 7130 switch and runs
pppoe and it works fine).  I didn't want the cellpipe doing wifi and
other stuff since I have a much better router already.

The cellpipe 7130 has a 4 port switch (don't remember if 100Mbit or
gigabit since I didn't care, a 2.4GHz 802.11bgn wifi, and HPNA (television
cable connection) for feeding bell TV to receiver boxes in the house
for those actually using Fibe TV (which I don't since I am on teksavvy).

--
Len Sorensen