Desktop GUI concept

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 23 21:44:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:13:46PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Where we use QWERTY, French use AZERTY.  But that isn't Dvorak or
> Dvorak-fr (or Bepo).  I've always (well, for 30 years) called it
> AZERTY and it seems some others do too.
>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/bvofrak/5430579282/>

Absolutely.  Nothing to do with dvorak at all.

QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY and QZERTY are all common in europe depending on
the language.

Some layouts swap Y and Z, some swap A and Q, some swap W and Z, and
various combinations of those.

Some of them also move around L, M and N (AZERTY for example does that).

--
Len Sorensen