I need help getting Trendnet TEW-421PC PCMCIA card to function properly in Linux Mint 9 LXDE before Thursday March 22, 2012

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 21 15:22:12 UTC 2012

On 03/21/2012 09:09 AM, charles chris wrote:
> Yes I have the Windows drivers on CD for the Trendnet PCMCIA wireless
> network card
>
> I wish Linux was more like Windows in that most things work straight
> out of the box, especially the installation of device drivers.
Yeah.  When you buy Windows you do get that for your hundred-odd bucks.
Microsoft will have twisted manufacturers' arms to get device drivers.
Lately my HP printer will only print PDF and Postscript images properly
if I connect it to a WinXP machine and run the files through Samba and
IrfanView.  If I try on Ubuntu I get one or two lines of printing and a
long, long wait.

     Mel.