I need help getting Trendnet TEW-421PC PCMCIA card to function properly in Linux Mint 9 LXDE before Thursday March 22, 2012

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 21 14:59:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 08:09:48AM -0500, charles chris wrote:
> Hi Stewart:
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes I have the Windows drivers on CD for the Trendnet PCMCIA wireless
> network card
>
> I wish Linux was more like Windows in that most things work straight out of
> the box, especially the installation of device drivers.

Linux is in many cases better than windows.  I have a linksys 802.11bg
PCI wifi card.  Works with XP, works with linux, does not work with
vista or windows 7 (unless you brute force the install of the ralink
reference driver).

HP inkjet all in one from about 8 years ago.  No drivers for vista or
windows 7.  Plug it into linux and it just works.

Once something works with linux, it stays working.  On windows it stays
working as long as the manufacturor is willing to write drivers for new
windows versions, which often they are not.

--
Len Sorensen