Low-cost web-hosting recommendations?

Fernando Duran liberosec-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 16 14:46:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

A VPS (Virtual Private Server, full Linux OS with dedicated RAM & disk space on shared physical host) with the "gold standard" Rackspace starts at about $12/month. There's a lot of cheaper VPS hosting although the savings may not be worth it when considering reliability and features.

For free you may get away with Heroku or Github (there are constrains) or hosting blog platforms like wordpress.com etc.

Amazon offers a free micro instance for a year http://aws.amazon.com/free/  but after that it may get pricey.

Fernando Duran
http://www.fduran.com