Stuck with Printing Problem

john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 14 19:57:30 UTC 2012

From: ori-RdxWQVHs3mjDN57Tih+YPw at public.gmane.org
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:25:25 +0200
Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Stuck with Printing Problem
To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:20 PM,  <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

From: ori-RdxWQVHs3mjDN57Tih+YPw at public.gmane.org
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:56:24 +0200
To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:46 PM,  <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

Hi all;

I'm at my in-laws updating their ubuntu 10.04 and such - it hadn't been updated for a while. I updated over 250 packages.

I ran into a few annoying problems, such as Firefox no longer working. I was able to fix most of them (although firefox has crashed at least once) but now I'm stuck with a printing problem that I just can't leave without fixing it. I can't access the cupps server with http://localhost:631 and get the following error when I restart CUPS:

sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart
 * Restarting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd
/usr/sbin/cupsd: error while loading shared libraries: libkrb5.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libkrb5.so.3.3 is there, but not libkrb5.so.3. I'm not sure what to do here, and googling didn't help.

Thanks for any assistance, would like to get home...

John.

I would try the broote force here, add a link from libkrb5.so.3 to librb5.so.3.3

I get a segmentation fault with that - same as when I tried to rename the file (after a back-up).

Anything else?

--
Ori Idan

Sorry I am out of ideas.
Myabe try to remove cups using apt-get purge cups not just apt-get remove and then install it again.

It didn't work - still getting error: