Raspberry Pi in the Toronto Sun.

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 13 03:03:15 UTC 2012

| From: Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| Here is the Toronto Sun's take on the Raspberry Pi (nicely done) :
| http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/12/huge-demand-for-credit-card-sized-computer

Not the Sun's take, Reuters':
  <http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/12/raspberrypi-idUSL5E8E76IC20120312>
Told from a British perspective: the two distributors are British.

But I went to the Sun site and looked around.  Boy does that paper
have an ugly attitude.  Only its readers' comments are uglier.

- Jann Arden got kicked off a train at Oshawa, part way through a
  trip, tweets that she was let off "in the middle of nowhere", and
  gets really ragged for that comment.  I'd have called it "the middle
  of nowhere" too in the context of leaving Toronto for an Ottawa
  concert and being dropped in Oshawa.
    <http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/12/arden-ruffles-feathers-in-oshawa>

- The Liberal candidate in Guelph used robocalls to discredit the
  conservative candidate.  This is equated to the calls that
  misdirected voters to the wrong poling stations.  Hardly -- they
  failed to point out that the Liberal candidate's calls were factual:
  about the Conservative candidate's position on abortion.

  From another source (not the Sun), I've heard that the Liberal
  candidate's calls did violate the Election in that they did not
  clearly say that they were authorized by the Liberal candidate.

  A pathetic article
    <http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/12/liberals-admit-to-voters-calls-demand-royal-commission-probe>

- A very contemptuous article about "a legal application to remove
  Toronto Mayor Rob Ford from office".  So contemptuous that it was
  hard to tell what the issue is.

  <http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/12/levy-left-desperate-in-targeting-ford>

These were just the first three "Top Stories" with headlines that
interested me.

Interestingly, the RaspberryPI article was much more pleasant than the
others.